View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #57
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: Bane or the Joker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Bane wins every category except motivation in this one for me. The siege on Gotham could have been excellent if Nolan had spent more time with the actual citizens; from characterization to impact, Bane is a fantastic character. I do think the Talia twist takes away from his greatness though
I wouldn't say it is a twist. Nolan tells you flat out that it isn't Bane halfway through the film that Bane isn't the one who climbs the pit but he just doesn't specifically say it. I find it funny how people think Nolan really held the audiences hands with this film sometimes as some say that the twist was there just for the "shock factor" when infact it was the reveal moment for Bruce. Not really for us.

Anyone who has watched BB enough times knows that Talia's quotes and actions through the film knows that she wasn't all she seemed and had something more with the quote about "restoring balance" and as well as her mini-speech at the ball which comes off as about the energy reactor but is clearly about him being Batman. The signposts were all there all we had to do is put two and two together which you could do halfway through the film. I think this is very different to the usual Nolan "twist" with the fact it wasn't really a twist at all. And this is purely by whats given in the film not the fact videos were leaked.

If anything it is the character itself that should be deemed weak or when the reveal was placed NOT the fact there was a reveal.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote