View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 10:56 PM   #66
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Default Re: Bane or the Joker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Maybe my reading comprehension needs work, but are you saying that I need to prove that part, if not all, of the reason for Bane invading Gotham was because of Talia? I don't see how anyone who watches the film can deny this
How do you know Bane and Talia aren't equal allies? How do you know that Bane's invasion of Gotham was because of Talia? His joining the League of Shadows seems to have been, but as far as the rest goes that seems to be conjecture.

Of course Bane is bound up in some kind of relationship (either lover or mentor, its unclear) with Talia in the film that caused him to be a part of the League of Shadows etc., but I can't find where it is asserted that his motivations for destroying Gotham and Bruce are because of Talia. He did a lot of things for Talia. The movie doesn't say he did this for Talia. Maybe they just believe the same things, having both grown up in suffering.

In fact, I'd say the movie also implies (for example) that his motivations are because of Ra's. He seems angered when Bruce mentions that he was excommunicated from the League. He calls himself Ra's Al Ghuls successor and identifies himself so closely with the League's mission that he proclaims "I AM THE LEAGUE OF SHADOWS!" He says he is here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny. Nothing is mentioned about vengeance for Talia, not even when he has Bruce defeated and in the pit.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote