View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #77
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: Bane or the Joker?

Egads, this conversation is becoming increasingly frustrating, for a number of reasons. First, I give evidence / arguments for something and then I get told "nuh-uh" with no rebuttal. Second, the film apparently only implies things about Bane in the Talia scene (where implications are "clear") but elsewhere if the movie implies anything else it is "not revealed." Its a double standard. Third, it is pretty obvious to me (but apparently I'm in the minority) that Bane has bought into Ra's whole belief system that Gotham needs to be destroyed:

Bane: We will fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny. We will destroy Gotham. And then, when it is done, when Gotham is ashes, then you have my permission to die.

Bane: I am the League of Shadows. And I am here to fulfill Ra's Al Ghul's destiny! I will show you where I have made my home, while preparing to bring justice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
What kind of person is Bane exactly? Where IN THE FILM is it shown that Bane would be more inclined towards the League's philosophy than anyone else?
Bane isn't like anyone else! He lived an entire life of suffering in a pit with no hope, angry at the world, born in darkness. Do you think that past means nothing to him? That upon coming out of the pit he would just be some normal guy? What more did they have to show in the film to make it clear that Bane came from a life of suffering and that said suffering fuels his rage? It was pretty much the theme of the whole film, for Bruce, Talia, AND Bane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
Nowhere in the film is it shown that Bane feels Gotham is corrupt or that he has any personal reason to attack Gotham.
Aside from all the times that Bane says Gotham is corrupt? Apparently just believing Gotham was corrupt was sufficient for Ra's in Begins (according to your last comment) but here Bane needs a personal reason?

Sorry, I've got to bow out of this discussion too, just like the other one. Feel free to respond to my post in final rebuttal if you wish. We'll just have to agree to disagree, because I can't see this conversation going anywhere.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote