View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:35 PM   #414
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
I don't want to disagree with you, because in reality I am all for keeping the characters with their origins in tact. However, there already appears to be a lot going on in this movie and I don't see how they will be able to get that kind of story arc and all it entails with the amount of time they will have available in this movie to work with everything else going on. Personally, I hope I am wrong and that they can stick to the origin and that it is done well, works with the movie and that it doesn't feel forced, but I just don't see it happening.

Surfer
I know. But the fact that the transformation is there, I mean. That's there, it seems pointless to leave his character arc out. What's the point of him just being a brute. Especially if he indeed does get betrayed by Malekith. he needs to atleast defeat him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, the fact that they specifically said both Algrim *and* Kurse appear in the movie means that the transformation will happen in this film. Otherwise, they could've just gone with Kurse as a generic bad mofo for Thor to fight.

The only looming question is, of course, who (if anybody) will assume Beyonder's role in transforming Algrim and manipulating him into blaming Thor for his problems.
which is why I think Kurse will come full circlre and kill malekith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
In the comics Algrim is changed to Kurse by the Beyonder after almost being killed by Malekith. However Kurse does not remember the events and is told Thor was responsible, so he seeks out and tries to destroy Thor. Eventually Kurse does regain his memory though, and when that happens he locates Malekith and breaks his neck.

As for Loki manipulating Kurse, once again I can see Loki as feeling he is justified in his actions against his brother if Thor left Asgard during it's hour of need and perhaps in his own twisted mind he feels he is redeeming himself by trying to kill Thor who he can percieve as a traitor to the realm of Asgard.

Surfer
I can see it. Maybe he uses the cube? I personally think Surtur is the one to change him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
There hasn't been confirmation that Loki's redemption happens in Thor 2, has there? I assumed that wouldn't be until the third movie or so, and even then it wouldn't be a redemption so much as a "saving himself by not doing something evil" moment.
Yeah. Too early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
If Loki is forgiven after all the horrific crap he has done, I will be extremely upset. He is a cold-blooded mass murderer, not some poor misunderstood wooby who can be redeemed by love, which a lot of Loki fans seem to think.
YES

I had this debate before. Oh my god you took the words right out of my mouth. They seem to miss the true point of Loki's character. MCU or not, Loki is Loki, and he is not a misunderstood wooby who can be redeemed by love. He's cold, and has gone too far deep. And you fist pump at every time justice gets served to him. Which is what makes him such an awesome villain.