View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #97
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Bane or the Joker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
All that line means is that Bane believes it his duty to destroy Gotham. Whether or not that means he believes the city to be corrupt is to the discretion of the viewer= YOUR INTERPRETATION
Not only does he believe it's his duty to destroy Gotham, he believes it's his duty to punish it for past misdeeds, again reckoning was a very specific word choice. He's calling himself the personification of Gotham's judgment and punishment. What other past misdeeds are on the table here? Ra's obviously believed Gotham to be a corrupt city, Bane talks about fulfilling his destiny. Can you at least see how this is a logical conclusion to draw, even if the movie doesn't spell it out by having Bane say "I believe Gotham is corrupt" in private? There's a difference between interpreting something in a film and finding something to be implicit. I truly find Bane's belief in what he is doing to be the latter. And of course, Talia has a role in his actions too. I'm not denying that.

Now, whether Bane never let go of his initial LOS indoctrination, or has a reinvigorated belief thanks to working side by side with Talia ...that is open to interpretation. But all I'm saying is I think the movie makes it exceedingly clear that Bane has stake in this, ideologically.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote