View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 12:41 PM   #772
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
And here comes the worrisome fans whining about the marketing again.
Right on cue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Uh, don't agree with you on this one. I mean, it took Iron Man 3 four days to unlock the sneak peek of the trailer, on a FB site with over 10 million likes and people knew what they were unlocking so that's an added motivation! Besides, not everyone wants to share a TDKR add. I know quite a few people who wont out of principle. I did, even though TDKR was, for me, one of the biggest disappointments ever in terms of movies.

Not saying that there is no indifference, at this point before we even had a proper trailer or anything really, it's to be expected, but I don't think that is the reason for the slowdown. I also still believe WB might be controlling the pace, as I've mentioned in one of my previous posts.
Sucks WB does something like this but in service of marketing another film.

Eitherway, I can't really gauge the indifference levels(I don't really hang out here much). I did however catch Jamie's tweet about this very issue though.
I wonder how different things would be if the world actually had a reason to care about mos(say, better marketing).

A movie about a man learning to be Superman will finally get the GA invested in the premise, while at the same time piss off people that want what they want. If only the latter group showed up for the last movie.