View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 02:54 PM   #701
NanaT
X-Men United!

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I understand your points, and Im not happy with her role either...

but we cant have info about the origin of all the x-men.

And about why she is with the x-men, we dont need an explanation at all, she is there because she believes in Xaviers cause and she wants to be with them.

The only scene where I said "WHAT??" was on X3 after Charles death and Storm saying maybe they should close the school. What a slap on the face to the character and the fans. pretty bad from the writers department.
Okay but you must admit that not knowing about her view on things. Not seeing her be addressed as second in command in any of the previous films but then to be chosen as Cyclops' replacement. And I still think we should have at least been told that she was African because most people think she is american. Singer did originally plan to shoot scenes of the young storm and cyclops and how their powers triggered it would have featured storm in Africa, I would have loved to see that.

By the way, it was beast that said they should close the school. Storm didn't say anything in that scene until the last moment when she emphatically states that the 'school stays open'. You're right about the bad writing though. the possibility of the school closing is something that should not have even been considered. I mean if they believe in Xavier's dream why would they even think about ending it with him. it goes against everything Storm said in her eulogy. X3 has so much flaws it makes me angry