View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:45 PM   #742
Visceral
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VIII (Team Frenchie Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Considering he only met Tate for about a minute like day or two before, and that was briefly at a charity event, I hardly think he's been sitting on any feelings for her. He barely gives her a second thought until he loses his company and worries about Daggett getting his hands on the weapons division and the reactor.

Talia caught Bruce at a vulnerable moment. Picking up Rachel's photo and asking who she was, and then asking where Alfred was.

There was nothing natural or real about their love scene. No chemistry. No spark. All very sterile.

Comic book Talia is conflicted between her feelings for Bruce and her loyalty to her father. Several times Talia has betrayed her father for Bruce in the comics.

Not once in Rises is this touched upon. Talia clearly states she came to Gotham to take revenge on Bruce, the man who she thinks killed her father, and to complete her father's work.
The Clean Energy project was a joint venture, she refers to it as Our Clean Energy Project, he had met Talia before. And I would say there was a complete lack of a love scene as that was not really the focus of the film. These films never really focused on the love between Rachel and Bruce, we only knew that he cared about her.

I would also like to point out that catwoman only kisses him as he is about to die, but that love story really isn't the focus of the film either.

And yes the film never touches upon the conflicted Talia, except that making love to bruce wasn't necessary for the betrayal. It's never ruled out like people are saying.

maybe the only reason the love story falls flat is because we who have knowledge of her comic counterpart expected a huge love story, rather than a more intimate study of Bruce's Journey and how Ra's has affected it.

I need to know that every single one of you would die for the man next to him.
Visceral is offline   Reply With Quote