View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #743
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VIII (Team Frenchie Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
On the contrary, Talia quite clearly states that vengeance "is merely a reward for her patience". She looks at that as the cherry on top.
That's true. I'd forgotten about that line.

What a cold fish she is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
The Clean Energy project was a joint venture, she refers to it as Our Clean Energy Project, he had met Talia before.
Our clean energy project means it's a Wayne Enterprises venture, most likely handled by Lucius, like all of the main W.E. business. It doesn't mean he has met her before. You trying to tell me she has been hanging around Gotham for three years waiting for an energy project Bruce moth balled years ago?

Quote:
And I would say there was a complete lack of a love scene as that was not really the focus of the film. These films never really focused on the love between Rachel and Bruce, we only knew that he cared about her.
That was the case with Batman Begins since it was never revealed until the end of Begins that there was any romantic feelings between Bruce and Rachel. They behave like friends up until that point. But it was quite present in TDK.

Quote:
I would also like to point out that catwoman only kisses him as he is about to die, but that love story really isn't the focus of the film either.
If you want to be technical she also kissed him at the charity ball, too.

Quote:
And yes the film never touches upon the conflicted Talia, except that making love to bruce wasn't necessary for the betrayal. It's never ruled out like people are saying.
Saying it's never ruled out is as redundant as saying it's never ruled out that Bane and Talia never had sex before either. The movie never shows it or even hints at it any more than it does that Talia has any feelings for Bruce.

She is cold and menacing towards him when she reveals who she really is. Looking at that scene by itself you would never know there was anything romantic between them before.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote