View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 07:36 PM   #92
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
But who would be the big bad of the first film then? How many DD villains can carry a movie, as the main villain? I heard Death-Stalker suggested a couple of pages ago, but I think that character requires way too much set up. He was just a rich guy who committed crimes because he was bored and then after an encounter with DD was rendered him "out of phase" with our reality and he became Death-Stalker and wants revenge on DD. That's a fair amount of set up.

The problem the villain in the first movie has to be compelling in his own part, he can't just seem to be some lame place holder for Kingpin.
Kingpin can still be the big bad, but he is more in the background. DD doesn't have to fight a crime boss in the first movie. I don't know what they would do with Bullseye, but he could be working for the Kingpin and has carried out a hit. Maybe DD investigates him and ends up battling him. In the end, he finds out that Bullseye has actually been contracted by Kingpin.

Or if not Bullseye, someone else like Gladiator.

You'd still have Kingpin appearing, but he's not going to face off against DD at this point but will just have his lackeys handle him. The problem with the Affleck DD is that Duncan's Kingpin seemed a bit like a thug himself.

And maybe have DD initially facing off against a different DD villain at the start, but when he's being brought to justice, he is assassinated by Bullseye, and Matt needs to find out why. Maybe he doesn't know Bullseye is a hitman at this point. That can lead him to inadvertently discovering the Kingpin. Not sure who would be this dispensable DD villain, but he'd have to be important enough for the Kingpin to want him dead. Maybe the Owl? Or could even just be a lesser one who is about to blow the whistle on Kingin's activities.