View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #46
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Heroic Archetypes - Batman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Lol, you can try to bring up another comparison to make a difference, but I still feel both, while different degrees of insult, is just that. Insults. Terrible manners. But if that's all it is, then that's all it is, just words. All words wield power and death threats may hold more power to them, but I still feel that's all it is. Just words.
I'm not trying to make a difference, I'm showing you an analogy which equates to what you're saying. You're labeling them both as bad behavior, but bad behavior comes in different extremes.

You equate death threats the same as simple insults just because it's words. Calling someone a fool, and mocking the death of a loved one are both words, too, but one is far more nasty and extreme than the other.

You can write it off as just words as much as you like, I'm just glad RT or any reputable website doesn't treat such behavior so nonchalantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
But, Joker, to add to our discussion, it's like if someone says 'Justin Bieber should die'. Said person will never do such a thing, but only say it. No fanboy is going to actually kill a critic. It's sad to hear for this and also for my example, but that's all it is as I said; words.
It doesn't matter if they are actually going to kill them or not. You keep trying to excuse this disgusting behavior just because the people who did it are too cowardly to follow through on it.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote