View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #766
kvz5
HBIC

Default Re: Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate VIII (Team Frenchie Edition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
My impression of the whole situation is that Talia not having any real feelings for Bruce in this incarnation is the same reason why someone like Selina Kyle could settle down with Bruce and vice versa; the circumstances presented in TDKR were different than that available for their comic book counterparts.

In the comics, Bruce and Talia met while Ra's was still very much alive, whereas in Nolan's world, Talia and Bruce only met after Ra's had been killed off during his battle with Bruce, thus leaving no room for any real feelings to develop as they were all engulfed by the fuel for vengeance against Bruce.

When it comes to Selina's case, in Nolan's world, she was willing to start her life afresh and didn't see stealing as a thrill but as a necessity to survive. So when she and Bruce finally got together in this film, she didn't have the temptations of wanting to live life as a criminal to break that relationship.
All very good points. I agree with all of that.

I still think that because of that, Talia ended up being disappointingly underdeveloped and one-dimensional in the Nolan-verse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
It did not make it into the movie--the five year development time for the reactor.
Oh... I thought it did. No wonder most missed it.

kvz5 is offline   Reply With Quote