View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 12:36 AM   #706
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Actors from original trilogy on First Class sequel with Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanaT View Post
I completely, totally and utterly agree. Even in X-men the last stand where she has the most screen time her character still has nothing much to do. Halle is basically in it because she was a big star at the time, and Storm would allow for cool special effect, action pieces. The character isn't developed and even if they recast (which I think they shouldn't) if they don't do more to respect the character than it won't be any better. it would make sense to keep Halle in the role as audiences are already familiar with her as Storm and to give her better character development.
Exactly. Film Storm has received very little character development and her character has never actually been a participant in the plot of the films: she's just a placeholder, there to deliver some exposition or special effects. Storm could almost be cut out of all the movies and there would be no real difference to the main plot of the films.

At this point it's time to accept that Halle's Storm will never get any development because there are established characters that could best be utilized in the small amount of time that's likely to be allotted to the future storyline. Anyway, I think the best way to do the character justice would be to introduce her in the First Class timeline.