View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #452
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Pretty sure that the helicopter footage (and some other footage shot elsewhere in London) were meant to be flying shots, and there was at least one report that the shots were supposed to show Mjolnir flying headlong through the streets of London. Which means that Thor somehow got *really* separated from the hammer at some point.

The reason I say this is because I was wondering about that most recent set shot at the university, that showed Malekith cornering Jane and Selvig; then Thor steps in and manhandles him and shoves him back. Question: can anyone see Mjolnir on Thor's belt in those scenes....? Because I can't understand why he wouldn't have just laid the hammer down on the Dark Elf king instead of resorting to rasslin'....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
I cant really tell but I would say he may be being smart here and pushing him away so they can fight without endangering Jane and Erik so much.

and Welcome Ezio!
I agree with Elizah. Also, Thor's costume in the MCU doesn't have a belt. (Seems kind of silly, because it means he always has to set it down and then call for it. But maybe it looked silly on a belt.)

Now, it could be that Thor set Mjolnir down in the yard behind where they are at in that shot, and we can't see it because it is screened by the roof.

Another idea about pushing Malekith: do his spells have a range limit? So maybe Thor pushes him away so Malekith isn't close enough to cast spells on Jane & Co.

Welcome, Ezio! Glad you joined us!