Nerd Supreme

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think you meant to say "last movie of Phase II,"
yeah, typo. sorry.
Quote:
but yeah, I agree that there's no indication that even Ant-Man, the Phase II movie with the farthest release date, will even close out the phase.
there might be a couple of new solo movies surprisingly be part of Phase II too. IF what I suspect is right and the 'Phases' refer to bigger story arcs (the first one being the assembly of the Avengers) it all depends on the story the want to tell and how they plan to end that arc (with a bang probably). To end a Phase with another Avengers movie always seemed very repetitive
Quote:
I *do,* however, believe it *will* be the last in Phase II, simply because it was the last to be announced, and I don't think Marvel is ready to announce Phase III movies yet.
Of course they will end Phase II first before they focus on Phase III (or at least come very close to the Phases end. I read somewhere, a couple of years ago, that MS has 5 year plans, they plan 5 years ahead. I think KF said so in an interview in 09. If that is true, they have plans for 2017 now, which is really amazing.

Quote:
And if that's the case, I think the most logical thing we can conclude about this is that "Phases" are nothing more than the movies on Marvel's current production slate. Trying to tie "phases" into any type of overarching storyline -- or assuming any relation between all of the films in a given phase, period -- is leaping to conclusions that are wholly unwarranted.
Well, it depends. I guess we will see once IM3 is out and the end credit scene reveals a little more. Or maybe the Phase I box set clarifies that..

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic