Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just one more View Post
*armor
Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just one more View Post
Armor up Happy Hogan? Seriously?
No, not seriously. I'm really surprised you didn't get that. I was illustrating the silliness of having Pepper armour up just because she was in danger (and not because of actual character progression). It's a cheap move and opens up the doors for Tony doing that for anyone he's close to that gets in the way of danger.

Not to mention that you potentially undermine Pepper's character. She's shown herself able to handle herself well enough and not be your average damsel in distress. Turning her into a superhero suggests she needs to armour up and it changes her character on a fundamental level. Pepper is arguably much better as a character without armour.

Pepper only became Rescue relatively recently in the comics. That's after a few decades of character development. Not something I'd look to throw into the third movie (which seemingly has a lot going on anyway).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 11-22-2012 at 02:15 PM.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote