View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:13 PM   #64
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
Justice League and Avengers 2 would in no way be released during each other's run. Being released the same year isn't an issue.

I don't think the new Batman thing would be a problem. At least for enough people to make a difference.

The lead-in movies really aren't necessary when three of the most well-known pop culture icons ever are involved, the only reason Marvel needed to get everyone connected to their characters beforehand was because they didn't have any that anyone knew about but Hulk, who people had become indifferent about.

The risk of people not liking how the characters are portrayed is exactly the same as Marvel's. If anything, the odds were against Marvel there. If they fumbled the characters in the solo movies they would have been ****ed come time to make Avengers. With Justice League, assuming people like Man of Steel, people would line up to see Henry back as Supers, the new Batman, and the big-screen debut of Wonder Woman. If people don't like the way The Flash or whoever is written they'd be able to tweak the issues before the solo outing. There's no good or bad way to go, just whether you execute the way you choose good or bad.

The only villain commonly referred to as a Superman villain that would really be off-limits in a shared universe is Darkseid, and he should take on the whole Justice League anyway.

Personally, I'd like to see Warner Bros. being able to win over the audience and proving that they can make characters like WW and Flash work on the big screen before putting them all together in such a big film.

So far, we're still waiting to see if Warner Bros. can make Superman work on the big screen with the release of MOS next year. We know that they can make Batman work, but they weren't as lucky with Green Lantern.

I mean honestly, I really don't see any evidence to support on why a JLA film would work at this tenure in time.

Even though the people at MS made their collective universe to win over profit, you could at least tell that the studio in charge of those films were fans of the comics themselves and invested in those characters as much as the fans were.

So far, the only thing that I've seen is that Warner Bros. just wants to make a quick buck from capitalizing on the success that the Avengers had at the Box Office, and lightning oh so rarely strikes twice.

Until Warner Bros. can prove that what they're making is quality stuff that won't affect Superman's own solo franchise in a negative light, then I can't personally get behind the idea of a JLA film. Plus, as history shows, whenever Superman and Batman have been put on the same screen together, Superman has always been made out to be the lesser man in order to make Batman more cooler, etc, just because he was the one without no powers.