View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:25 PM   #703
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
So are you saying Bruce was right or wrong for leaving the equipment to Blake? Blake clearly eschewed the path of working within the system, we see that in his scene of throwing away his badge and in his scene with Gordon at the end. Unless Blake is going to be just sitting in the batcave and not trying to be the symbol Bruce was, he is likely going to cause and destruction as the first Batman did
I'm not entirely sure if Bruce leaves Blake ALL of his Batman stuff. He only had two batsuits - one was destroyed by Bane in the sewer and the other has a stab hole in it thanks to Talia.

I like to think that Bruce leaves Blake the detective tech which is all in the cave, but not the actual Batman weaponry. Blake does not question his morals as Bruce does (cell phone sonar, anyone?), and if he keeps an eye on things from afar without showing up in a cape and cowl and publicly kicking asses, nobody would be none the wiser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
Bruce wouldn't need a Batman if his parents were alive, that's the entire point of the mythos. Although, who knows with Nolan's version? Bruce seems to be more motivated and sad over Rachel than his parents in this trilogy.
Or if his parents could speak with him from beyond the other realm. Point is, they wouldn't have wanted Batman for him.