View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 10:28 PM   #128
TheComicbookKid
Lois and Clark 4ever

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
They gave zola a lot of character development what you talkin bout tck?
Character traits ie sassy, quick tempered aren't what I'd call character development.

The Minotaur or Etta could have easily held a mini-series on their own cause they can operate independent of WW.

Zola's entire existence is dependent on her involvment to the Gods. Her reactions to being a pawn in their games and such. Hera... Who or what Zola is once this is all over?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I feel like being taught the ways of Man by Amazons and actually experiencing it would be two very different things. She's from a completely different society that does now see itself as being "above" the world of mankind (for centuries at this point), so the culture shock of that should be a HUGE part of her origin story, imo. But you didn't like it, fair enough.
That's the crux of the approach to WW I don't get from some people.

Sure. Learning how to order a venti coffee instead of large coffee at Starbucks would be confounding.

But understanding the need for revenge or that people can act irrationally because of jealousy are things people learn no matter what their cultural differences are. She wouldn't need Trevor or anyone else to hold her hand to understand it.

When people say "ways of man" like stuff. It makes it seem like WW doesn't understand human emotions/reactions cause she's from the planet Omicron Persei 8.

Last edited by TheComicbookKid; 11-22-2012 at 10:33 PM.