View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #708
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAKAVELI25 View Post
You could be right, but again I don't see the point of Bruce advising him throughout the movie to wear a mask. Why does Blake need a mask if Bruce is only leaving him enough equipment to monitor the city?
Well, I would imagine Blake does have access some of the batarangs, bat-mines and other gadgets (I wonder what happened to the sticky bomb gun?).

Blake could very well become the next hero for Gotham, if he's needed. I think it's up to both Blake and Gotham to determine whether or not Batman (or "other" Bat-hero) will resurface. Don't forget, Gotham is recovering from the worst thing it's ever experienced and is going to be entering a rebuilding period. Perhaps it will emerge a better place than it previously was ("I see a beautiful city and a brilliant people rising from this abyss"). Or perhaps not, and Blake will have to answer that Bat-signal one day if Gordon is that desperate for help. I just don't think Gotham will be seeing another Tumbler crushing cop cars on the evening news any time soon, either way. It's entering a new era one way or another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
Another point being that Bruce couldn't keep going on as Batman. That was it, physically it was his swan song, and mentally he finally let go the pain that was burdening him. He managed to do what he set out to do, to inspire people and give them hope. If Gotham would need Batman after all of that is still debatable, but if the situation arises, and neither the cops or the system could handle it, there is still Blake to join to the fray. But it is up to him, Bruce didn't force Blake, he just saw his potential and left him with a choice.
Yup.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote