View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 11:22 PM   #37
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just one more View Post
Anyone care to explain why Tony would build himself many many suits yet not think to build one to protect "the one thing I can't live without"?

That will be a question which must be addressed if Pepper does not get her own armor.

Oh I dunno. Forty years of comic history and two movies without people asking that? Possibly that has something to do with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
God help the industry if they're colossally stupid enough to think that. If the sole purpose of introducing Rescue Armor into the movies is to audience-test superheroines, they're going about it all wrong. Pepper, again, is NOT a superheroine, and was never meant to be, so it's asinine to try to make her into one in the movies. *However,* there's tons of actual superheroines in the Marvel catalog they could (and should, and should have been all along) testing with audiences --- Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Wasp, Spider-Woman, Valkyrie, She-Hulk, Elektra, Dagger, Jessica Jones, Mockingbird, Tigra, Firestar, Crystal, Medusa, Echo, Hellcat, Kate Bishop, Moondragon, Mantis, Namorita, Photon, Power Princess, Silver Sable, Songbird, even Squirrel Girl.....
There's quite a few names on that list I'd be interested in seeing in an Avengers sequel or a solo movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Try any dozen of the above and see how audiences respond. If all of those fail, *then* you can try gimmicks like Rescue. Otherwise, let's leave the hero-ing bit to actual name superheroes and superheroines, and leave the supporting cast to, you know, support.
I agree. Lets not go changing a character's role needlessly when they're doing just fine.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote