View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #73
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

Default Re: Top 3 Favorite Scenes From The Dark Knight Trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
The whole idea of making Bruce lose his money or them able to continue doing so and the police not having cut off the stock market or other stock market lingo...I keep hearing complaints about that, but I don't even understand stock markets and what not so I never got that either with it being silly or whatever. I just let that stuff go by. Even watching that episode of Person of Interest dealing with the stock market...I just had to believe what they told me because my mind goes numb since I know nothing about it or how it works.
I can definitely see where that criticism stems from and it is a bit far fetched, but it was never something that bothered me while watching it until people brought it up.

Vince Gilligan (creator of Breaking Bad) has said, paraphrasing here, that an audience will be okay with a coincidence/plot contrivance so long as it makes life more difficult for the protagonist.

I think TDKR is a prime example of this and why certain plot contrivances, such as the leg brace, are picked at so much more than others, such as Bane bankrupting Bruce.

Free Original Music
Brain Damage is offline   Reply With Quote