View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #823
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Banshee has to stay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post

But I don't want characters tossed aside with no explanation. It was bad enough when Nightcrawler disappeared between X2 and X3, and even when there was no mention of Toad or Sabretooth in X2. (Nightcrawler was dropped from X3, and Toad dropped from X2, but nevertheless, regardless of the reasons, they didn't appear in the film).

If we are to have continuity and a shared universe, then we need to know why characters appear or disappear. Angel Salvadore and Riptide could be captured on a mission, even if that takes place off screen before the film begins. Azazel is more tricky because as a teleporter he would escape human attempts to capture or imprison him.
When I watched X2, I didn't mind that Sabretooth and Toad didn't appear and they didn't mention or explain why they weren't in X2. So I think they could easily get away with Riptide, Angel and Azazel not appearing in DOFP. But yeah they have to explain why they aren't in the movie or at least mention what happened to them because unlike with X1 Sabretooth and Toad, after they were beaten, they were seen alive and on Magneto's side.

I think January Jones could easily improve. I think if she's given more role, story and action scenes, she should shine.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018