View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 12:18 PM   #483
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
See. I see it differently. I see it as they use magic the way we use science. jane said, magic is science we don't understand yet. Thor said they are one in the same. There are some things about even MCU magic that to me, is simply not science. The destroyer. I am pretty sure it was just an empty suit of armor. Odin's verbal enchantment. Loki's duplication. Since it is speculation, and it hasn't been said that magic IS science, then I will be willing to give it the benefit of the doubt and say that there is indeed magic in the mcu
I agree with you it is hard to see how certain things can be explained as even advanced technology when it seems to us to be pretty obvious that it's magic. However, I think that it all rests on this one line. Magic is advanced technology "that we do not yet understand".

So in other words by incorportaing that little part it gives Marvel the out that they need to continue people believing they are one in the same (Magic and Technology), where they don't need to necessarilly explain everything because their explanation could be that even if explained to us our brains still could not comprehend it.

Almost like teaching quantum physics to a newborn.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."