View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #715
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Characterization of the Knight - Nolan and Bale's Bruce Wayne/Batman - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita18 View Post
I think Robin being a new Batman is up in the air.
It is. It's up to Gotham more than it's up to Blake. Blake will emerge as Gotham's new protector the second he's absolutely needed and not a second sooner. Or perhaps the day when Gotham will no longer need Batman has arrived at last, this time without the sham of the Harvey Dent Act.

It's really up to the audience's imagination. There's no way Nolan could have honestly gotten people to believe Gotham will be crime free for the rest of its existence and will have no violent enemies after such a turbulent past. I know some people think having the ordinary citizens fighting along with the police would have shown that Gotham was ready to stand up for itself...but that doesn't really hold up to scrutiny. It was a time of war where Gotham was separated from all concepts of law and order. Once peace in Gotham is restored people can't just go around being vigilantes and beating up the bad guys. And if the next "Joker" was to show up in Gotham, it's not a job for the ordinary citizens.

Blake is Bruce's ace in the hole.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote