View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 06:05 PM   #265
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Doc Ock's Lair v2 - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctoHaz View Post
I'm still flabbergasted by #698, especially as to the HOW and the WHEN.

As a plot situation, it's one of the crackiest things I've ever read in comics (I mean, seriously, if I saw it in a roleplay or a fanfic, I'd snort), but if Slott can execute it well and RESOLVE it well, I'm good with it. Mainly because, well, Slott knows how to write Ock's voice.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If it turns out Ock's gonna stay in Peter's body for a while AND be Spider-Man, I can certainly see why the new title would be called "Superior". I just don't know of Marvel has the guts to actually do it! I also suspect it would be a fairly short-run title.

I also don't want Peter to be dead! Or for Ock to die either!
Ever since ASM #600 Slott has been writing Ock as a fierce villainous force to be reckoned with. I'm re-reading 'Ends of the Earth' at the moment and it's so good. Not just Slott, but other Marvel writers. Ock's been causing mischief in Iron Man and The Avengers, too. He's given a wedgie to some of Marvel's mightiest heroes ever since he copped this ill condition.

See Marvel, you can do it when you try. Ock has been on fire for the last three years. I've got total confidence that Slott is taking this is really interesting and great directions.

I can't wait. What Ock just did is unprecedented for ANY Spidey villain.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote