View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 08:24 PM   #180
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: Bane or the Joker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I don't see it this way, at all. Again, Ra's ideals were to bring balance to the world, not chaos or destruction due to revenge. Like its been brought up before, Gotham was not even close to a state of needing to be destroyed, so in reality, they're not fulfilling Ra's destiny, if they were, they would be attacking a city that needed to be "purged". But seeing as how they went through SOOOOO many efforts to cripple, both financially and physically, while spitting in Bruce's face, I don't see how it can be anything other than revenge. None of it adds up to what you're saying.
Ra's was vengeful as well. He said so himself. He was vengeful by leaving Bruce to die in his mansion.

With Talia and Bane it wasn't just revenge. Or at least, revenge wasn't at odds with what they believed in. If they didn't believe that Gotham was 'corrupt', then it wouldn't have been reflected in their dialogue the way it was. It's the same with Ra's, "Justice is balance. You burned my home and left me for dead. Consider us even."

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote