View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:05 AM   #49
Zeerola
Side-Kick

Default Re: Pepper Potts as Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
But building a suit of armor to protect his girlfriend/wife makes no story sense. What's she supposed to do, go with him on missions/adventures? *That's* what would put her life in extreme danger, with or without a suit. Or would you rather have her sit around the house in armor all day and all night, just in case the Living Laser or Titanium Man drop by for an unannounced visit....?
No, he would just give her armor, she would use in case of immediate danger. You know instead of screaming, yelling and running in circles like in IM and IM2. And maybe she would decide that she is sick of being damsel in distress and kept the armor and always protected herself instead of waiting for her knight in shining armor (literally). Tony also doesn't always wear armor just in case, but he can summon it when he's attacked (IM2, Avegers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
If Tony *really* wants to protect Pepper, he'd distance himself from her completely to take her out of harm's way. And I think that might be exactly his mindset in this movie, when he talks about protecting the one thing he can't live without.
That would be cliché on so many levels. Seriously don't do that, I'm sure I'm not the only one who so sick of this cliché.

Zeerola is offline   Reply With Quote