View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:39 PM   #207
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Yea. Clearly. Just because Thanos is THE big bad for this phase, he should be expected to atleast be refferenced, cause Sam does have a point. He threatened Loki. Thanos is not one to just let that go.
I don't think he would, I do agree with that, but I really think the place that's going to be sorted out is in A2.

On your synopsis, I am agreeing with the majority of it. Only thing I question is Hela/Surtur and Kurse, I think they'll appear probably but not sure at what capacity, and I think there is a lot of merit to the idea of the Beyonder/Cosmic Cube/Tesseract stuff winding up being mixed in with Jane and Selvig and their wormhole experiments. That could be a reason why Jane may be brought to Asgard, to try to get Odin to talk sense into her and to drop that as being too dangerous a power for Earth to have. Lots of foreshadowing of danger that she would ultimately ignore and pay the price. That would hit pretty hard if the possession stuff is true and she is transforms and Thor can't save her (at least in Thor 2), lots of drama potential there. And in movies creating drama is a good thing. Much more interesting and heartbreaking to watch than just having Hela or Surtur do it. But maybe. I don't have a HUGE problem with it otherwise. I think Surtur powering up Malekith is very likely though, good idea! That would solve that problem because Malekith appears to be holding his own pretty well.

Here is the synopsis for Thor 1
Quote:
Paramount Pictures and Marvel Entertainment present the epic adventure, ďThor,Ē which spans the Marvel Universe from present day Earth to the realm of Asgard. At the center of the story is the mighty Thor (Chris Hemsworth), a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth by his father Odin (Anthony Hopkins) and is forced to live among humans. A beautiful, young scientist, Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), has a profound effect on Thor, as she ultimately becomes his first love. Itís while here on Earth that Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth.
so ancient war refers to the Frost Giants, and darkest forces of Asgard refer to The Destroyer, and "most dangers villain of his world" refers to Loki. However there was so much more than that going on and explored with their relationship in the film, and that is not hinted at here at all. I would also add that the antagonist of Shield that he has to deal with in the film is not mentioned at all in the synopsis. So clearly there is stuff they aren't telling us. I do think in the Thor 2 synopsis, that that phrase you are saying is an indicator of Surtur, could only be referring to him working behind the scenes throughout the film, and not necessarily showing himself. Just as I think some of the stuff above was a bit of an exaggeration/understatement about certain characters roles.

And comparison the Thor 2 synopsis

Quote:
Marvelís Thor: The Dark World continues the big-screen adventures of Thor, the Mighty Avenger, as he battles to save Earth and all the Nine Realms from a shadowy enemy that predates the universe itself. In the aftermath of Marvelís Thor and Marvelís The Avengers, Thor fights to restore order across the cosmosÖbut an ancient race led by the vengeful Malekith returns to plunge the universe back into darkness. Faced with an enemy that even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand, Thor must embark on his most perilous and personal journey yet, one that will reunite him with Jane Foster and force him to sacrifice everything to save us all.
so one thing that has bothered me about this Surtur thing for "shadowy enemy" is that when I see pictures of him the last thing I think of is "shadowy", if you know what I mean. So it could be that he's behaving in a shadowy manner, pulling strings and starting fights behind the scenes and out of view from the Asgardians (but not necessarily the audience), and maybe they suspect that but don't know for sure if it's him or Thanos doing this. And so that solves that problem (I think) without having to have things come to a head with him during the course of the film. Just keep him behaving shadowy until Thor 3.

"Fights to restore order across the cosmos", which I believe is referring to fighting among the Vanir, Nornheim, Asgard and whatever other realms they want to work in there that are now fighting and jostling for power after the bifrost is destroyed and it looks like the Asgardians have lost control. This keeps the Asgardians busy for most of the film, which is why they don't come down to help Thor with the Dark Elves on Earth.

"but an ancient race let by Malekith," now this makes me think that there may be some fight scenes prior to the Earth ones that they are filming now, that shows Thor defeating the Dark Elves (this could be where Alfheim comes into it, if they attack Alfheim or could be they attack Odin's palace and Frigga dies here) and Thor and co manage to slap them back down to Svartalheim, and maybe injures Malekith in the process, and this is why Malekith is vengeful and sets his eyes on Earth next if he knows that Thor cares about it somehow. This could also be the point where Surtur comes in and gives him a boost, as you suggest. and I assume Surtur or Hela may also be able to give him the lead on what or who Thor cares about for his revenge.

Now the "faced with an enemy even Odin and Asgard cannot withstand" that bothers me, because that would seem to indicate Surtur will appear and kill Odin in this film. But, it might very well be simply foreshadowing Thor 3. I don't know. I have been thinking that both Odin and Frigga dying in Thor 2 is really too much. I think it's only going to be only one at this point. I also have questions about whether they would really do Ragnarok at all, especially at the end of Thor 2, (seems waaaaaay too early for that) however again this phrasing would seem to be foreshadowing it, but may be foreshadowing for the 3rd film.

elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote