View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 04:47 PM   #149
Airwings
Waves of air

Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - Part 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Eh, all that stuff will come down to the casting. Brad Bird and Emily Blunt will work it out at the appropriate time.
Brad Bird again. Are you really so sure he's GONNA do Wonder Woman?

Quote:
WW is a broad enough character (similar to Supes) that the director/writers/actors will have plenty of space to put their own mark on her.
That's one of the things I look forward to the most; to enjoy a Wonder Woman that works in a live action adaption and not just the comic book character inserted into the film.
And it's naturally the director will have a big say in the matter, because the film will be his/her version of the superheroine. Not a frame-by-frame presentation of the comic book.

Quote:
This is why anything but an A-list, bona fide movie star in the lead role probably wont cut it. WB needs someone who captivates the audience the moment Diana appears on-screen and who can pull off WW's (at times) high falutin dailogue. They probably need someone with the impact of RDJ or Chris Reeve, but I dont think WB would take a chance on a recovering addict or an unknown so im guessing a known quantity like Blunt.
Agree. I rather see a familiar face in the role. Doesn't have to be an A-lister, but just someome we have seen before.