View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #210
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Well Doc Oc and Curt Connors and Norman Osborn were all "punished" for their work (among many others I could name off). This is a common thing to use to create villain or antagonist in comics especially. I don't see why they should leave Jane out of that just because she's a woman. That would be sexist of them. And Jane ignoring Odin, would go along with Jane's personality as we all saw her ignore Erik's warnings about Thor in Thor 1.
Well, both points true about the villains and about Jane ignoring Erik. (So does that imply that Jane is going to become a villain? To how many heroes (or sympathetic characters) does it happen?)

Quote:
or some pieces just plain wrong. I still think that guy was just guessing on some parts of this at least, filing in the blanks. Even the bigger named actors on films like this only get their pages of scripts, they can't necessarily get a clear picture of the story from that. So I am leaning towards it happening late in the game, if at all, at the moment anyway. I'm figuring what I'm figuring a great deal based on what happens in the comics, until I see more evidence. Maybe if we're lucky this coming week more light will be shed on this stuff as I think they may still be filming there until the 4th.
Well, as you have mentioned before, some aspects of the story will be original or departing from the comics. I would think that is more likely to be the case for a character that wasn't in this story line in the books

That's not to say you are not right about him being wrong (!) In any event, I agree; we don't really have a clear picture.

Quote:
So if you are saying that Jane is unlikely to be there for that, because she wasn't there in Iceland, then you are also saying that she wasn't there for the big trek with Thor and Loki, which I believe was part of the Iceland shoot. So again, Lawden may have been filling in some blanks himself and guessing wrong. It's very frustrating, in any case.
Well, the first part doesn't necessarily imply the second part. Maybe Algrim is transformed before Thor, Jane, and Loki embark on their trek (like in a flashback, for example ) That is, maybe (some of) the Iceland shoot was not part of the trek. As far as I know, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was not in the Greenwich University shoot. So that implies the transformation does not happen at Greenwich University.

<shrug>

American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote