View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 08:27 PM   #101
The Overlord
Side-Kick

Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
He doesn't really need the ray gun though. His main schtick was his "touch of death" which made his victims feel intense cold, which can always be explained another way. But that said, his "ray gun" could easily be similar to the cosmic cube or the guns that Hydra were using in Captain America. They've already got all of that side set up with Marvel. Since DD occupies the same universe, they can always draw from that.
He started out as a guy with a ray gun who robbed people and used the gun to send people to another dimension for a limited time. DD fought him, the ray gun malfunctioned and then he became Death-Stalker and then gained his death touch ability, he gained that ability because his body was out out of phase with out dimension. I think a ray gun that sends people to other dimensions is a bit outlandish for a modern DD film, I wouldn't mind some sci fi elements, but anything that over the top. Bushwacker, Mr. Hyde and Purple Man have sci fi elements to them, but they are a bit more down to Earth then some random rich guy getting his hands on a ray gun that send people to another dimension. Its all about setting the proper tone, I thought the Captain America movie had too many sci fi elements that distracted from the story.

Again Death-Stalker has a lot of set up and he is not a fan favorite like Venom is, so no one will care about the set up with him.

The Overlord is offline   Reply With Quote