View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 01:01 AM   #510
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
I've always thought of magic as the ability to manipulate matter with your own body.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
basically, my point is that it isn't science lol

science we don't understand is....science we don't understand lo. Y'know? * Magic is magic. The fact of it being "science we don't understand" takes away from it being magic in the first place. It's magic.
I've always thought of magic as the ability to warp reality with a source of energy. The energy can come from within (Ki,Chi,Chakara) or I can come from and external force a (Nature, a god). You could just make up an energy source (Power Cosmic, Odin Force, ect.....)

Anime has been able to bridge the gap between magic and science nicely. energy is energy. It doesn't mater if the energy is scientifically created or mystical in origin as long as it able to warps reality its doing it job.

It's like when you think about the Androids in DBZ would you consider them Magical robots because they are fueled by Ki? Baba yaga the witch also uses the same energy to see into the future, Materialize object out of thin air, and revive the dead for one day. It's all about blurring the lines between science and magic.
Android 16, 17, & 18

Baba Yaga

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Smashlilman; 11-25-2012 at 11:06 AM.