View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #104
Vapor
Omlette Du Fromage

Default Re: Daredevil reboot: official discussion thread - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
The problem with Purple Man is, he is a bit lazy and with his powers he doesn't need to gain a position of power in the city, he doesn't even need money, he just go into any store and ask people for whatever he wants. Purple Man's more ambitious schemes have been at the behest of super villains who are able to counter Purple Man's power and force him to do their bidding. Purple Man only messes with heroes now because he is bored and because he hates them for sending him to jail in the past. I'm not sure how you would write a movie with him as the main villain and how can you hint about the Kingpin in that movie?
I see. I use to read comics about 10 years ago (wanting to get back into it) and I remember one comic, although I don't remember what series, where all the villains are breaking out of Rykers while the Avengers are there and Purple Man nearly made Luke Cage kill some one.. So speaking as someone who hasn't read much to do with him or indeed DD, IMO Purple Man seems like an interesting villain with a fairly unique power. That is not to say that Kingpin or someone else wouldn't be interesting or anything.

But they could always write him somewhat differently in the movies. Make his motives different or something. They could take him back to his roots where he is just discovering his power and all the fun he can have with it. Make him a young, power hungry type who DD puts away and when he gets out, he gains his power and sets out to try find out who DD is and exact some revenge. If they take him back to the genesis of him becoming Purple Man he won't neccesarily be bored of what he can do, given as you say, he can pretty much do anything. Maybe he could also hold a grudge against the Kingpin and that's why he wants to usurp the Kingpins position. That way Kingpin can sit in the background... I dunno, obviously you guys know better than me if he would work or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
The problem with Taskmaster is, he just a hired gun and DD already has several hired guns in his rogues gallery. That's the problem, DD has more hired guns that want to work for someone else then masterminds who can be the Big Bad of the film.
Taskmaster could be working for Kingpin as, as you say, a hired gun. I picked Taskmaster 'cos I had a quick look on Wikipedia and, as I say, speaking as a non-comic reader/casual fan of DD, he doesn't seem to have very many villains you might put in a film.. And Taskmaster has a cool look and his power could lend to some interesting action sequences with DD.. Almost a Bullseye without doing Bullseye again. Or in the nature of having a shared universe they could always bring Crossbones back working as a hired gun, to help establish that DD, while been a "street level" hero fits in with all the other stuff...

I'm just throwing an idea out, like I say, you guys will know if it would work or not.

Cat: Betty Rubble? Well, I would go with Betty...but I'd be thinkin' of Wilma.
Lister: This is stupid. Why are we talking about going to bed with Wilma Flintstone?
Cat: You're right. We're nuts. This is an insane conversation.
Lister: She'll never leave Fred and we know it.

~ R.I.P Venom_UK
Vapor is offline   Reply With Quote