View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #278
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: MCU Phase 3: Have it your way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Avengers is their BIG MASSIVE TENTPOLE and will draw the biggest audience by a fairly wide margin, so they'll pay off any overarching story stuff there. Which will lead casual viewers to hunt down their other flicks that lead into or spin out of it.

It really makes zero sense to end a "phase" on anything else. Colloquially most people just think of "Phase 1" as "those movies that led into Avengers"

If Ant-Man's in phase two (which could just be an assumption on EW's part) I'd think it's sort of an epilogue
God, I hope not. If so, then the whole Marvel Studios "experiment" has failed. Feige, Avi and everyone else at Marvel have said all along that the movies are meant to stand on their own --- and I believe they have.

Just like in the comics, Avengers has its franchise, and the solo heroes have their individual franchises, too. If, at the end of the day, everything is supposed to just tie into a central Avengers plot, then why even have the damn solo movies in the first place? Just franchise Avengers and forget the rest.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014