View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:44 AM   #395
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
I guess my only question would be after reading your list 'non safe" reasons, did that make the film great?
Things like IMAX stuff is great. But other stuff like putting Gordon in a hospital bed for half the movie or leaving Talia until the end of the movie didn't help at all. In fact it hurt the movie.

Quote:
Honestly none of the things that you listed formed my opinion of why the movie was safe, however alot of things you mentioned were reasons why I didn't like the movie. Also, as you stated, the fact that they "naturally" went with bigger equals better does figure into my reasoning that it was a pretty safe movie. I personally just dont' see the boundaries that were broken down by this film as Begins and TDK had done, but again, that's just me.
I agree with you. Frankly some of those reasons have been done by other superhero movies already. There's far more Peter Parker screen time than there is Spider-Man in all of the Spider-Man movies made. Spider-Man vanishes for practically the whole middle act of Spider-Man 2, and that's considered the best one. Putting Gordon out of action for most of the movie wasn't risky, it was just bad writing. It's the equivalent to under using a character, which so many superhero movies are guilty of. TDK is only 12 minutes shorter than Rises etc.

The only real boundary I see TDKR breaking is the superhero threequel curse.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 11-25-2012 at 02:15 PM.