View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:25 AM   #399
Ryan
Side-Kick

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Whatever people's opinions are, its interesting how much passionate debate surrounds this film, which I didn't seem to see after the last 2 films. Lots of forums get tired of the Nolanites and I guess with this film I can see their perspective. I've been a huge fan of his films and his first 2 Batman films have been what I"ve been waiting for. I still consider those 2 films to not only be the best Batman films ever made but the best superhero movies I"ve ever seen. Despite my love of those films, it didn't mean that TDKR would get a 'free ride" and it seems with some, that to suggest its anything less then perfect is to committ some type of heresay. I liked certain aspects of the film, but as a whole I did not. I agree that it apparently ended the threequel curse but it seemed to do so in the safest way possible, with a tried and true formula, without ruffling too many feathers in the process. The risks taken with BB and TDK will always be what made them magical to me.