View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #400
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
Whatever people's opinions are, its interesting how much passionate debate surrounds this film, which I didn't seem to see after the last 2 films. Lots of forums get tired of the Nolanites and I guess with this film I can see their perspective. I've been a huge fan of his films and his first 2 Batman films have been what I"ve been waiting for. I still consider those 2 films to not only be the best Batman films ever made but the best superhero movies I"ve ever seen. Despite my love of those films, it didn't mean that TDKR would get a 'free ride" and it seems with some, that to suggest its anything less then perfect is to committ some type of heresay. I liked certain aspects of the film, but as a whole I did not. I agree that it apparently ended the threequel curse but it seemed to do so in the safest way possible, with a tried and true formula, without ruffling too many feathers in the process. The risks taken with BB and TDK will always be what made them magical to me.
It is interesting how much debate surrounds the film. That's why I found it a bit odd to call something rather controversial, "safe". Seems almost like an oxymoron to me. If you look back at my posts in this thread though, I was never trying to say your opinion was invalid or that you were or speaking heresy if you didn't like the movie. Just to clarify, that one post I made about how the things that made it "safe" were the very things that upset people...I wasn't addressing you specifically, it was more addressing people that were agreeing with you, some of which I've had more extensive debates with on here so I was familiar with their gripes. Sorry if that came across as a personal attack.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158