View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #223
American Maid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Plot ideas based on SPOILERS (general discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizah72 View Post
Fair enough, was thinking I'd only ever seen Vikings with horns on their heads in film etc, never seen an actual Viking in person though. LOL
So you're saying you didn't see any of these guys in the Bourne Woods pics?
<joke picture deleted>

(Apologies for the tiny size; this is my first time uploading attachments. I may also be restricted by my relative junior status.)

More seriously, from Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking): "Viking helmets were conical, made from hard leather with wood and metallic reinforcement for regular troops. The iron helmet with mask and chain mail was for the chieftains, based on the previous Vendel-age helmets from central Sweden. The only true Viking helmet found is that from Gjermundbu in Norway. This helmet is made of iron and has been dated to the 10th century."

Also from the Wikipedia page, an artist's depiction from not long after the Viking Age:
Wikinger.jpg

<I asked about the Vanir's motivation for attacking Asgard>
Quote:
Again if they (or at least their head man) is sick of letting the Asgardians be in charge and see an opportunity for more power, then that is certainly enough reason for this. From what I can tell from the myths the Asgardians have a history of screwing the Vanir over (such as when they came to a peace treaty and traded people/hostages. The Vanir were so annoyed with who they got in return they cut one guy's head off and sent it back to Odin), so it may be a very very uneasy truce with the Vanir.
Very good reasons indeed. I like it! Lots of chickens coming home to roost.

Quote:
I just thought that it was a possibility that the Elves are working with the Vanir here, possibly to help create a distraction and draw the Asgardian army away from the palace where another attack will take place. And again that goes along with possible motivation for the Vanir to act, if Malekith comes in (with Surtur's instruction possibly) and sort of eggs them on that now is the time to oust the Asgardians from power.
I can very well see lots of groups trying to take advantage of the relative power vacuum caused by a weakened Asgard isolated by the destroyed Bifrost.

Last edited by American Maid; 11-25-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Unsure of copyright status of photo
American Maid is offline   Reply With Quote