View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #107
Savage
Earth Rocker

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
And on this changes thing, I don't give a **** if they change it or don't change it. The comics version is in the comics, the TV version is on TV, the movie version is in the movie. If they make a change I don't like, I don't think I'd get mad. I'd just not watch/read the thing. All I want is someone else's interpretation of something I enjoy is also enjoyable to me.
While I agree with this, I feel like a character should at least be recognizable. If you're going to go all out and change everything about the character, name them something else. Movie Bane is still recognizable as Bane. His origin and MO are still intact despite changes. This Vertigo is a drug dealer that happens to sell a drug that gives people vertigo. That description alone already makes me think "You know, you don't have to use preexisting characters, right? You're allowed to make up your own."

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow