View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 02:18 PM   #835
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
The only reason why I want Azazel to be in DOFP is because Jason Flemyng is Matthew Vaughn's good luck charm but like Angel Salvadore and Riptide, I feel like his character is very replaceable. And its not like people assume that he and Mystique will make a baby (Nightcrawler). The hardcore fans want that to happen because of the comics but I don't think its necessary. Cast Jason Flemyng as Avalanche in DOFP and people wouldn't notice that he was Azazel in First Class.
I think it might seem odd for Flemyng to appear as another main character, such as Avalanche.

The other question is how do you write out his character Azazel. A teleporter would escape prison - so he'd probably have to be kept in a permanent coma or killed off altogether.

Unless, perhaps he was Stryker's first project - somehow developing technology to contain Azazel. Stryker had created containment cells in XMO: Wolverine that (somehow) were mutant-proof, so that none of the captives could escape. What tech did he use? Some sort of inhibitor field that blocked powers by disrupting the neural pathways, and which was later used for the 'neural inhibitor' Stryker put on Charles?

Quote:
Thats actually very good idea, no need to ignore what happened to Cyclops in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and it would help the continuity of the X-Men movies.
Seems a good idea to keep that in continuity if it's possible to do so.