View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 PM   #111
Savage
Earth Rocker

Default Re: Arrow General Discussion Thread - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
I know less than jack squat about him. It's not about popularity per se but new takes on characters is not always a bad thing. Marvels comic Blade character is horrible but movie blade awesome so much so that marvels keeps trying to make them more a like. Till you actually see how they portray them on screen your doing yourself a disservice by assuming it's going to be bad.
Good point about Blade but Blade is still recognizable as Blade. What was changed about Blade? He was given a power boost, he used silver stakes instead of wood. That's it. The character was still there. He was still very angry, stoic, and streetwise. While I can't just assume that this version of Vertigo is going to suck, so far the news has not given me a good impression of where they are going with the character. I'm hoping he'll at least be a rich, high class foreign drug dealer with a royal bloodline (they don't have to come out and say this). Removing his powers is already throwing me for a loop.

"Why are you trying to kill my kid?! You know what? I don't care. You got some beef with him or me? Whatever. You trying to start a rogues gallery of some sort? I ain't got half as much patience as Batman or The Flash. If he dies...so do you." - Green Arrow

Last edited by Savage; 11-25-2012 at 04:02 PM.