View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #389
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
Saying that the Bane/Talia relationship was nothing like Renard/Elektra's is quite hyperbolic, it's very much alike. And I am not super versed in the comics world but still, putting very much the same plot device (the relationship between the hecnchman with the true femme fatale mastermind, the nuclear device, destroying a city) is not more valid because it was scatered in some comicbooks when a major motion picture (TWINE) already used it, if the comics world is so vast then Nolan could've used a slightly different storyline lifted from them; that is why I am not inclined to belive that Nolan lifted that from the comics you mention, he is openly more of a Bond fan than a Comic book reader.
It seems increasingly common to single out Christopher Nolan when discussing the script for this movie, but a lot seem to forget that the other two guys in the writing trio: Goyer and Jonathan Nolan, are well-versed in the Batman world, and all three of them referenced the comics when doing research for each movie. Countless interviews confirm this.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158

Last edited by BatLobsterRises; 11-25-2012 at 08:29 PM.
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote