View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 10:38 PM   #391
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Default Re: Skyfall vs. TDKR

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I actually like TWINE. Beyond the woeful miscasting of Ms. Richards and the inaneness of the ski scene, I think it works quite well.

Anyway, I do see the similarities. Just as I see TDK features the villain killing people (in Skyfall's case MI6 agents) every set day/week until the hero meets his demands. It also features the villain being intentionally captured so he can later escape. It even features the hero getting some reliable advice from an old childhood servant who knows his most personal, darkest secrets.

But I do not know why people are upset. QOS borrowed from Bourne. CR borrowed from Batman Begins. TND borrowed from John Woo. It goes all the way back to LALD borrowing from Shaft. It is part of the Bond tradition on film.
I felt like the similarities came from what they like in classic action films and their more british sensitibilities in that way. Still, Skyfall was the strongest Bond film cinematically and thematically, and for that it deserves major props. I still enjoy CR more though, haha.