View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 AM   #4
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective

Default Re: HOLY ARKHAM LOGIC BATMAN! The Crazy, Insane Theory about Nolanverse Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Interesting read, thanks for posting.
no dude i really wanna extend this madness throw in your own zany theories

I'll give another:

#3 Rachel Dawse is essentially the Barbara Gordon of this series (too crazy you ask? Sorry but Dr. Crane isn't here...)

We essentially have....

A strong-willed, red-headed female character who's part of the group of characters making up the "ordinary people of Gotham," is street-smart, part of the middle-class but still a confidant and independent woman who socializes with the elite citizens of Gotham...

sometimes sports really short hair...

is in an on-again off-again relationship with our "hero" leading to unrequited love and really embracing her namesake from Friends.

Batgirl's been the ultimate "cute girl to have a crush on" for Grayson (and a lot of the fans) for all these years, just as Rachel's the same for Bale-Bats.

and most importantly... is linked with the Joker by a tragic moment that effects her--and by extension Bruce--forever:

[(The Killing Joke -- in the comics it doesn't effect Jim Gordon and drive him over the edge, but in the film, it drives Harvey over his edge]

Did I mention they both have red-hair? Okay so I know what you'll say -- but Barbara already exists in Nolanverse, and Rachel's not exactly Oracle OR Batgirl. Or Bruce's apprentice.

Well my answer to that is .... well... I ... shut up!

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)

Last edited by Nave 'Torment'; 11-26-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Nave 'Torment' is offline   Reply With Quote