View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #850
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I agree to all of this, I want to see Emma Frost as a member of the X-Men (with Wolverine, Storm, Rogue, etc). And I want to see how Magneto recruited Sabretooth and Toad. But the thing is when Emma Frost appeared in X4, as one of the X-Men or at least an ally of the X-Men, she would look really old unless young Emma time travelled to the future then she would still look young.
They either need to get the January Jones version into the future, or cast an older version. Not sure if Sigourney might be a bit too old now, but there's always Nicollette Sheridan or (as long as she can add a bit of humour and wit) Charlize Theron.

Quote:
Yes, Emma is the only one that I want to keep from Shaw's mutant army because I feel like as a character in the comics, she's more important and more relevant compare to Azazel, Angel Salvadore and Riptide.

She was also the main henchman of Sebastian Shaw, like she was at the top of Shaw's mutant army. If Sebastian Shaw had somewhere to go but he couldn't, she sent Emma to represent him. At the end of First Class, Magneto recruited her to be his "partner in crime" like a replacement to Charles Xavier, like in DOFP I expect Emma to be Magneto's main henchman, the #1 person to do Magneto's dirty works. I feel like she has more to offer than the other three mutants. I feel like they could easily kill Azazel, Angel Salvadore and Riptide and it wouldn't hurt the movie. But with Emma, if they killed her very early or if they didn't bring her back, I would feel like they didn't live up to her potential.
I think just quickly killing off three of the Brotherhood would seem a bit contrived, even though it's looking unlikely that we will see those three characters again (unless Singer keeps Azazel, who is at least handy as a method of transportation of the Brotherhood - otherwise how do they get around?).

Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, Noah 3/10