View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:45 PM   #833
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Default Re: Discussion: North Africa & Southwest Asia Regional Issues II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
So, exactly how should we or any other country propose peace with a group of people that believe, if you do not believe in Allah and follow Islam, you are an infadel and should die....? Just wonderin'...Or in this particular case, want Israel blown off the face of the earth? I will DEFINITELY agree that the tactics that Israel has thus far taken have led to more violence, and I am one that calls what they are doing as Apartheid, without question...but again the question is, how would YOU propose peace between these two groups when one group is bent on ethnic cleansing and the other on death to most all????
Well I mean there's no one easy answer.

I suppose the easy answer is 'get rid of Israel' but since Israel now exists there isn't an undo button anywhere.

If we cut aid and pulled out, honestly, I doubt we'd be attacked but Israel could suffer a ton of wraith however I'm not even sure we're in a position to do that.

I think it unfortunately comes down to the fact that we ought to have never been involved in the first place. Until we get off our oil addiction they'll be no easy solution for us.