View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #13
elizah72
Side-Kick

Default Re: What we know so far - T:TDW edition (no speculation, facts only)

Adding a few quotes that may be of interest to some...

“The look of the film is a lot bigger than what we did even previously. The first one worked and people loved it, but this is with a different director and just has a totally different feel. There’s a definite Game of Thrones vibe thanks to [director] Alan [Taylor].” Chris Hemsworth

"I have read a script and we start shooting in August. I met with Alan Taylor a couple of months ago and Natalie Portman and I and Alan and a couple of Marvel guys and it was hugely exciting. Ken Branagh did such a wonderful job and, with scheduling or what have you, he didn’t end up doing this one, but I’m a big fan of the Game of Thrones series, which is Alan’s latest work, and I think that is what’s exciting about the second one: making it sort of more tangible and having a more organic feel to Asgard and that world. I think the science fiction element to Thor... the danger is it falls a little bit into the world of it’s "tough to throw a light to." I think of big waterfalls and mountains and a Viking influence, where the Norse mythology kind of grew from. Having that in Asgard is going to make it all the more special and that’s what Alan wants to bring to it. I think that would be the new aspect to this one." Chris Hemsworth

“I love the way he adds an incredibly organic element to the fantastical world of Thrones, and I think that’s what Thor could benefit from. It’s grounded in reality, no matter how mythical or science-fiction-like it becomes. There’s a truth to it all. Certainly, working with him now, you can see he doesn’t want Thor or the Asgardians to seem like some distant race or god-like. He still wants them to be relatable.” Chris Hemsworth

"We’re going to see the other side of Asgard. It’s not all polished and golden in this film. And the events of Avengers will have affected Thor for sure. His relationship with Loki will continue to evolve, and the biggest part is Natalie and Thor returning with Jane Foster." Kevin Feige

"So while the relationship between Loki and Thor certainly has changed and has progressed, a lot of Thor 2 is picking up where it left off in terms of Jane, who you just saw for a moment on a computer monitor, and also what’s been going on in the nine realms without the Asgardians being able to use the Bifrost? I will just say it’s not good." Kevin Feige

"Well it’s sort of the crux of the whole sequel and it’s what Hemsworth is most excited about diving into, and it’s what is the heart of story; it’s Thor and Jane, to continue that dynamic. Really they were only together for three days, and do they love each other? Do they like each other? Do they know each other? We’re acknowledging that that love story in the first movie was sort of a quick crush, essentially, over the course of three quick days in the middle of the desert. And [the heart of the movie is also] the relationship between Thor and Odin, which does change drastically as it did over the course of the first movie, and picks up and continues from there." Kevin Feige

"[The sequel] will literally take Thor to other worlds," Feige said. "[Thor 2 would] primarily be the journey of that character, of he and Jane Foster (Natalie Portman) and how the new dynamic with his father (Odin, played by Anthony Hopkins) is working out, as well as what are the broader stakes for The Nine Worlds." Kevin Feige

"In the new film we're going to get to know Heimdall the Asgardian a bit better, and we're going to get to know Asgard a bit better," Elba said. "I can't say too much, but the expansion of Thor in his world is going to be huge." Idris Elba 8/29/2012

Last edited by elizah72; 12-01-2012 at 08:55 AM.
elizah72 is offline   Reply With Quote