Old 11-27-2012, 05:21 PM   #958
Andy C.
Repent, Harlequin!

Default Re: One Earth: The Marvel/DC RPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrd Man View Post

Conrad Downs
Now

The door lurched underneath my boot. The hinges snapped and the door fell to the ground. I stepped over the fallen door into the house. I activated the scanners inside my cowl and let them go to work.

Detected: Molecular trace amounts of trinitrotoluene, cordite, dried blood spatter detected on seventeen different surfaces.

He's been here for some time. Doing things I don't want to imagine. I march forward into the house while I hope my ally keeps her word and does her job.

Sitting on the La-Z-Boy recliner in the far corner of the living room, the Joker casually looked up from his half-eaten carton of chicken lo mein, tossed the Chinese food away next to the corpse of the delivery boy who had brought it to him, and waved.

"Hiya, Batman," he said with a friendly smile. "I was starting to worry you weren't going to make it. Have a seat, would ya? I think it's time we had a little talk."

As the Bat scowled at him, the clown's eyes lit up, as if he'd just remembered something very important.

"Oh! And in case you're thinking about just beating me up before I have my say," he said, fumbling around inside his jacket pockets before finding a crudely made detonator, "The guy who owns this house is still chained up in the basement, and I stuffed about a baseball-sized wad of bathtub-made Semtex in his mouth. You start getting jumpy, and I press this button here and blow his head clean off."

The Joker brandished the detonator, his thumb hovering just over the trigger, until he was satisfied the Batman wouldn't try anything.

"Okay then," he said. "Sit down, make yourself comfortable. I haven't opened the fortune cookies yet, if you want one."

Andy C. is offline   Reply With Quote