View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #551
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Re: Am I the only one that feels like TDKR prevents Nolan's trilogy from being perfec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
We know where he is they just didn't feel the need to say it. Practically the reason Bruce is the way he is in TDKR is down to The Joker. This isn't aimed at you but I find it funnt how Nolan is sometimes accused of handholding an audience but some seem to not see that it was The Joker's fault mainly for his retirement.
Definitely cool to think about. Batman had to retire because The Joker assured him "you and I are destined to do this forever." Still can't quite rescind the bullet point cuz I can't help but feel Ledger's Joker was supposed to be the judge in TDKR. In other words, i just feel like with the Joker somewhere still alive in the background that A. Batman could NEVER retire and B. No other villain (even Bane or Talia) could outdo him. And one way to have perfected that was by handholding us into knowing Bane was more powerful than Joker.

I could go on about this for a while, but I'm probably just talking to myself :P